Wednesday 20 July 2016

Saving Labour vs Saving the UK

Hi Vicky,

I voted for you in 2015. I believed then that you would be an excellent MP. Since then, you've shown yourself more than worthy of the faith I (along with thousands of other Lewisham-Deptford residents) put in you. You are an excellent MP. 

I also felt comfortable voting for you because I believed Ed Milliband would have been a good Prime Minister. I continue to believe that as well.

Because of all the above, it is with regret that I tell you no today. 

I'm not interested in Saving Labour because it is no longer worth saving. 

You know me; you know how much I love my dogs. I have sat with vets on several occasions while they have euthanised one of my dogs. It's a horrible heart-breaking, gut-wrenching experience. We do it, because it is a mercy to the animal.

Today it is your own beloved Labour Party that needs to be euthanised. There is a cancer at its core. 

The country doesn't need to prolong the party's torment as it slowly dies on the world stage while all around us burns.

It's too late. Owen Smith isn't the candidate to topple Corbyn's regime. He isn't the right candidate to lead the Labour Party to rise up out of the ashes of its own demise.

Instead I ask YOU to join me in supporting a new cross-party movement for progressive liberalism. Read more about it here: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/19/liberals-celebrities-and-eu-supporters-set-up-progressive-movement.

It may be too late to save the Labour Party that was, but it's not too late to save the UK.

Thank you for everything. I hope you'll give this some thought.

Regards,
British by Choice
Lewisham-Deptford 
London

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe

Recent Posts

Posts

About Me

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *